Me and Mr Bear on A Date....

 Me and Mr. Bear.....look like we're on a date...ha ha ha ha
(this photo was courtesy of my oldest lil princess, Alani, as we waited in line at the Ice Cream Parlor- yes, I love that they call it an Ice Cream PARLOR- it sounds so fun!)

We all needed an outdoor adventure today...so we went for a bike ride to get some ice cream, then to play at the beach...


This was the "kids size" ice cream cone- it's like the size of 5 normal ice cream scoops! Alani and Blake stay true to tradition and get bubble gum. I got a rootbeer float, but it wasn't very good....so I just took a few bites.

Here's a blurry picture, that I think was an accidental-photo...you can see Alani getting ready to mount up on good ol' Princess bike...and my ride and "bike trailer" attached!
 Ellie's favorite thing to do was to come put sand in my mom's hands...ha ha ha ha
We danced and clapped to the live music from a band that was playing....
songs that made me want to cry, because they reminded me of my dad...but instead, as I fought back tears, God flowed joy through me, joy that my dad would have had at hearing those songs, listening to the music and laughing with all the babies...
As we ate dinner, Alani got really quiet...and when I asked her what was wrong, she said, "I miss grampa"...I swallowed hard and tried not to cry. I said, "I know honey, I miss grampa too....What was your favorite memory with grampa?", I asked her quickly...and as she began to tell me, a sad little Blakey said, "I miss grampa too.....".... I think we all had been missing "grampa" (my dad)...and as we talked about our fun memories of my dad...and Blakey sang the song we were singing with my dad, as he drove us to the airport, which would be the last time we'd see him here on Earth, just days before I would get the news of my dad, I tried hard not to cry again. My dad always made everything fun, even our last time we saw him was filled with laughing and singing.

My dad would have loved to be with us today...he was in our thoughts and will always be in our hearts...everyday, every second...
I'll hold each memory in my heart as a precious treasure until the day I get to see my dad in heaven.

My dad always said, "you're makin' memories"...and we will keep making joyful memories, because my dad loved to make happy memories...and I'm so blessed to have those as treasures in my heart. If you've lost a loved one...keep making memories, joyful memories in their honor!

huge hugs and giant ice cream cones, your kandee

Clickery-doo here to see my must have's of make-up-less-ness HERE.