Cute (and gluten free) Hamburger Cupcakes


I posted a picture on facebook of a hamburger cupcake...
and my cousin, recreated it, gluten free, and chocolate!
I am not only in love with these cupcakes, but the cute cowboy plate too! I asked where she got it, but they were a present from my aunt a long time ago!
AND the best part:
She left some on my kitchen counter for me to try, and they were delicious, super moist, and unless she told me, I never would have guessed they were sans- gluten! (and I've gone to bakeries with gluten-free cupcakes, and they were kinda not so good- but these were delish.
 (this was me in a little bit of heaven, after I took a gigantron bite)

SO... HERE'S HOW SHE MADE EM':

CHOCOLATE GLUTEN FREE HAMBURGER CUPCAKES

GLUTEN FREE CUPCAKE BATTER:
She used PAMELA'S GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX
They also make a vanilla in case you want it to look like "lighter" hamburger buns! These might be the "rye" version! ha ha
easy peezy- no huge list of ingredients just follow the bag instructions!

While cupcakes are cooling you can whip up this yummy frosting! After cupcakes are cool, you can remove the cupcake wrappers.

MY COUSIN'S YUMMY HAMBURGER CUPCAKE ICING:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup palm shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1 box of powdered sugar (not sure the exact size, but I'm guessing a smallish one- just until the texture looks right)
a little salt until you like the taste
a little Coconut Milk to smooth out the texture until it's how you like it

Mix until it's the dreamy icing texture you like!
Divide into separate bowls for the "ketchup"- red, "mustard"- yellow, and "lettuce"- green and "pattie"- brown.
Add a few drops of food coloring to each icing bowl, mix away.
Cut the cupcakes in half and get ready to decorate however you like your hamburgers to look!
Finish off with a sprinkle of sesame seeds for the "and a sesame seed bun" look!

These were so good- and moist and delicious I am actually wishing I had another plate full right now!

baking love,  your kandee

PS. a huge thank you to my cousin, Adrienne who took the cutest picture of her super tasty and cute cupcakes so I could share it with you guys- Wish they had "taste-o-vision" for the internet- and for bringing some for me to eat! She's a great cousin!

TAP this right here to see my other fancy, schmancy blog- kandeej.