ID for kids!?!

When I was little I had a little metal bracelet from the Red Cross I think, with my address and phone number in case something happened to me or I got lost, was engraved on it. I thought it was cool.

I was thinking about this the other day, when I realized how long it took for anyone to get a hold of me when my dad was in his tragic accident. And how I wish he had a bracelet with the important numbers to call.

If you or your kids hike, bike or jog outdoors, even if your your kids visit another parent and aren't with you, or go to a friends house, or babysitter, or daycare...if something happened to them while they were away from you, and if something happened where others were injured and unable to give critical info, like your phone number...how would anyone know to contact you right away?

I searched for id bracelets for kids and these are what I found.
You don't have to put your address, but you can put your cell phone number which I think is such a great idea.

These kids ID bracelets are from ROAD ID.

They are so cool. They have helped so many people that were alone, whether on a bike ride or run, or something more serious, and those that were unable to even speak at the time of their accident, were able to have their family contacted immediately because of their id bracelet.

And since kids don't really have wallets, or any form of ID they carry with them...I think this is such an awesome idea!

I hope no one ever needs to be in an emergency situation where they'll need to use this...but just like seatbelts...I'd rather be safe than sorry. And I think, just like I did when I was little, kids will think these are cool!

We just ordered id bracelets for all the kids- Alani picked out pink and Blake picked out black and I got Jordan a black one too.

hugs and wishing I still had my little id bracelet from when I was little, kandee

Wanna see what I posted on my "real" blog (kandeej) click HERE.