I tried to go to the movies...

 Yesterday I was so excited to get to go see the classic musical, Singing in the Rain in theaters! Yes, Turner Classic Movies was presenting it in certain theaters for 1 day only!
I love classic musicals, I love the clothes, the costumes, the happiness, the fun. There's no gross scenes, violence, sex scenes, people behaving disgustingly- and there's always a happy ending! There's enough unhappy-ness in he world, who want to see more of that!?!

My plan was that is was playing at 2, Ellie's nap time- so I brought blankets and snacks for her and was "wishfully" thinking she'd fall asleep and I'd escape into musical world while she slept in my arms.
ABOVE- was Ellie as we waited for out Strawberry Smoothie.
Then we get in the theater-
She is cozied in my arms as we watch the interview with Debbie Reynolds as she tells all the fun stories about how they made the movie.
I'M GETTING EVEN MORE EXCITED TO SEE THE DANCE SHE SHE WORKED TO HARD TO MAKE, THAT SHE HAD BLOOD IN HER SHOES- AND THEN THEY USED THE VERY FIRST TAKE ANYWAY!
Just as they say, now enjoy "SINGING IN THE RAIN on the big screen"...Ellie starts "talking" rally loudly....and I quickly scoop her up and run out of the theater.

After we ran up and down the theater hall, looked at every poster for every movie (and I have to say, doesn't look like to many good movies are going to be coming out! ha ha ha), after we went and washed our hands, we tried to go back inside, and as soon as we did she started calling for my mom really loud- so back outside we went! ha ha ha
 We finally ended up going outside and I wanted my mom to at least enjoy the movie...I went to go do some errands and she fell asleep as soon as we started driving! ha ha ha
I'll just have to buy the movie and watch it at home on my little tv.
My mom did say you could see things you never saw before on the giant movie screen, and that the dance scenes were so much more amazing, watching them in that grand, giant fashion!
My mom loved it...and that made me almost as happy as if I had seen it too!
And then we headed for a yummy afternoon treat...
A little fro-yo! (aka frozen yogurt)
I love Butter Pecan with rainbow sprinkles....I had the lavender spoon and Miss Ellie had the pink spoon!

And in honor of Singing in the Rain....
one of my favorite songs to sing to someone who needs to wake up:
"Good mornin', good mo-or-ornin', wake up you sleepy head, good morning good morning to you!"

wishing I cold spend a day in the 1950's, kandee